Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Red Cake Slices Quilt



When I first became obsessed interested in quilting, I did a lot tutorial searching.  During that search I came across this Birthday Cake tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson and wanted to try it.  I thought It would take years for me to be able to do it but I convinced myself that it wasn't that difficult & surely I could do it.  At that time I hadn't worked with 1" strips that would finish at 1/2" wide!  But I jumped in with gusto & I loved the finished result.



  I had Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting machine quilt this for me.  We were able to find a design that closely resembled the design of the red border fabric.


This is the back.  Instead of cake slices I just see a lot of the letter "H"!!


I love how this quilt turned out & it now lives on the bed in my guest bedroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment